Royal DSM and the Federation of European Nutrition Societies (FENS) invite nominations for the DSM Science & Technology Award 2019. The Award accompanies a cash prize of €5,000. This prestigious award has been established to recognize and reward excellence in innovative PhD research related to Human Nutrition.
The theme for the 2019 award is personalized nutrition and novel technologies for health in the modern world. Nominees will be judged based on both the connection to the theme and the quality of their scientific research.
• Nominations are open to current PhD students and those who have recently obtained their PhD at a university in Europe.
• Candidates must not have defended their PhD thesis before 1 January 2019.
• The nominated work must be focused on innovative research – fundamental or applied – in relation to personalized nutrition and novel technologies in the modern world.
Selection and judging
From the total number of nominations received, four candidates will be selected as finalist. These four finalists will be invited to present their research results in a short lecture during a special DSM/FENS Symposium, on Thursday 17 October 2019, during the European Nutrition Conference in Dublin, Ireland. The judging committee comprises members from both DSM and FENS.
The award carries a cash prize of €5,000. The three runners-up will each receive €1,000. On top of their prize, all the four finalists will receive an additional €1,000 to cover associated travel and conference registration costs.
Candidates must be nominated by their PhD supervisors (one nominee per supervisor). Nominations need to be accompanied by the following supporting documents, combined into a single PDF submission.
• An abstract of the candidate’s lecture topic.
• A list of all accepted publications, including DOI.
• Copies of key publications (max. three) in full length (not including supplementary files).
• The candidate’s complete curriculum vitae, including (expected) date of PhD defense.
• A personal letter of recommendation prepared by the PhD supervisor.
Nomination packages must be compiled into a single PDF document and submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: DSM Science & Technology Award 2019).
Closing Date: 7 July 2019
More information about the DSM Bright Science Awards program can be
found at: http://www.dsm.com/awards